Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday Night Crock Pot Special


I took out some cubed beef/stew meat to defrost last night. I knew that I would make something in the crock pot today but really wasn't in the mood for beef stew. Having no idea what to make, I googled "cubed beef slow cooker recipes", the first result was a winner!

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff (click on title for original recipe at allrecipes.com)
1 pound cubed beef stew meat
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup (I used what I had ~ a can of regular condensed mushroom soup)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup water (yup that's it)
4 ounces cream cheese

Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
2. Cook on low setting for 8 hours, or on high setting for about 5 hours. Stir in cream cheese just before serving.

I've actually never made Beef Stroganoff before but I definitely will be making this again. It came out very tasty even though I didn't have the golden mushroom soup. It was a bit on the salty side but I rarely add salt so that could be me. If you're salt sensitive I'd go for the low sodium mushroom soup.
Here's the kid's dinners, wouldn't want to mix the meat with the noodles! At first my daughter was not impressed (as in I'm not eating that). When "you've never tried it so how do you know" wasn't working I decided to tell her it was saucy chicken. Then she loved it. I don't make anything called saucy chicken. Go figure.

Here's the little guy. He usually decides it's time to eat when we are finishing, hence no other dishes on the table. Notice the kitchen is gated off. I think he will be invited in when he turns 12. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I have some stewing beef in the freezer waiting to be cooked up!

    ReplyDelete