Friday, January 29, 2010

Every Little Bit of Help ~ Helps!

There always seems to be so much to do around the house and just not enough time (or motivation) to get things done. I'm really trying to enlist the help of my 4 year old without breaking any child labor laws.

Seriously I want her to learn to be responsible and I need her help! Lately I've been insisting she put her clothes in the hamper right side out. I really don't like doing laundry and having to turn so many clothes right side out really slows things down. It's usually the nightgowns she forgets and I've been having her turn them herself, a bit tricky for a 4 year old I know.

She has surprised me though and has taught herself a new trick ~ how to wiggle out of her clothes when getting undressed and keep them from turning inside out! What a great surprise. I love how she taught herself this as she realized turning your clothes right side out isn't much fun.

Now if I could just get her to realize she should clean up her toys when she's done playing with the them instead of moving on to something else.

I'd love to hear from you ~ how do you have your little ones help you out?

1 comment:

  1. I am sure she loves to help, and she will thank you in the future...believe me~

    ReplyDelete