Friday, March 26, 2010

Rome and Impatience

So I'm learning that I'm not a very patient person. I'm also learning that I'm going to have to start being more patient. Trying to remind myself "Rome wasn't built in a day".

Finally had the appointment today. In my eagerness to get the appointment I failed to consider the time ~ 1pm, my little guy's nap time. Needless to say he wasn't very cooperative. Apparently this is to be expected, in fact the next 2-3 weeks are just going to be all about getting him used to his hearing aids. As not to overwhelm him they are adjusted on very low. 

He's only to wear them if I am right with him and can be certain he won't pull them out.  Short amounts of time and as often as possible. It was suggested to try some m&m's for a reward system and I'm okay with that (it worked to potty train my daughter). Other than that, well I'm on my own!

Here's what I was given ~ the hearing aids,  a cleaning kit, a drying case, some sort of testing tubes, covers, a cute mouse that has removable hearing aids, and lots of literature. 

Here they are ~ the are very light, unobtrusive, and hopefully when we get used to them they will work well.

So today was a total wash. He was cranky and out of sorts from not napping so I wasn't about to wrestle them on him.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day.

Did I mention that I was impatient?


*and an insurance update. Apparently I'm "lucky" that my insurance is covering anything at all. Typically insurance policies don't cover hearing aids (seriously can you believe that?). The amount they do cover isn't very much though. On the agenda for next week - hunting for some sort of loophole we can use to our advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment