Sunday, February 22, 2009

What's New Pussy Cat?

So it seems I'm on a bit of a cat kick at the moment. I came across a picture of a quilted cat and thought, "let's give it a try". 

I quilted up a couple of these cat pot holders and will be listing them in my etsy shop this week. I am not ready to attempt faces so I thought I'd have them looking out a window. What do you think? 





I really do want to put a bigger piece in my shop
and I've decided to make it a cat quilt. I've made up a cat similar to the pot holders as my pattern. It's going to be totally scrappy with each block, border, & cat being different (there might be some repeats but definitely different enough to be called scrappy). I made one block to test out the size of the background and borders. I like the way it looks so this is what I am going with. Not sure how big it will be yet ~ twin, queen, any thoughts?  The block measures 10 x 10 3/4 unfinished. 

The snow has been falling since early this morning. I'll need to do something about the driveway at some stage. I don't have any plans of going anywhere on this lazy Sunday so it's at a low priority for me. I find that snow is much more enjoyable when you don't think about shoveling!

and finally I do follow the adage "let sleeping babies lie" (yes I know that's for dogs but it applies to babes too), But this might be stretching it a bit! go ahead give it a click ~ it's only 10 seconds long and will most likely make you smile!

4 comments:

  1. Aaaaah! I love those cat pot holders! They are so cute.

    And that little cutie asleep with his spoon--how precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my eyes are so sleepy but I had to pop in for a vist...
    so glad I did....
    so very cute... love your pretty blog toooo

    all our love
    mona & the girls
    ps now off to bed I go.. you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think they are so sweet! i love them! You are very talented...i love the pot holders! You could also turn your little cat themes into quilted tea cozy, coasters...placemats.

    I bought something similar to yours, they were quilted cat baking gloves. I can't wait to see more of your creations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cat potholders!!

    ReplyDelete