Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thrift Store Finds

I knew winter would put a damper on the treasure hunting. What I didn't realize is how much I would miss "the hunt". There are a few thrift shops not too far from here and my mom and I set out today to see what we could find. I was bummed out when we pulled up to one and found out that it was closed for the week. Then I remembered another...




Wonderful Nativity Scene
My daughter saw this and asked if we could buy baby Jesus. We did need a nativity season, after all this is what Christmas is about. So even though the pieces are all marked W. Germany and I know they would look wonderful in my Etsy shop next year, we will keep them for our own!


1 comment:

  1. The nativity is lovely. Looks like older Fontannini - a real find!! I have tumblers in the same size, shape and shade...but with gazelles on them. I have ruby gazelle and emerald gazelle glasses. My late great aunt told me they also made blue ones, but I've never seen them. Have you?

    ReplyDelete